Saturday, June 28, 2008

Garden surprises

Our garden is loaded with veggies!!!!! We've picked enough green snap beans for us to eat and also banana peppers, strawberries and some very tasty tomatoes! It did look like a jungle, but Erik, Aaron, and I have been weeding it this week. We're about halfway complete. Of course I only could weed 2/3 of a row, but I did help. I think it's just too much for me, but I love being able to walk outside and get something out of it. Tomorrow or Monday, we should have two more beautiful and tasty tomatoes to go with lunch. I haven't had a good tomato sandwich in years. That's all I've been thinking about since we planted the garden.


Erik is so excited! What a neat feeling it is to see all of the plants and veggies growing and knowing that you planted it. I hope that the squash is ready when grammy arrives. We even have watermelons. They're ablout the size of a child's bouncy ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wider than the sky...

Thoughts about our daily lives.