Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dertermination and Drool


He is so determined to sit. He gets so frustrated being on his stomach sometimes. Where does all the drool come from? He insists on watering his bib and clothes daily. Sometimes we have to change bibs because he is chewing on them.

Today, while we let Ali spend the Christmas money that was burning a hole in her pocket, it was so windy. We were going in and out of stores. Well, the wind kicked up and he looked like a rocker with hair going in every direction.

Last night he started pulling on his hair. I'm going to have to read: Parenting with Love and Logic. The book for teaching was helpful in the classroom and I brought some of the techniques home. I wonder, will they work with Aiden...

3 comments:

  1. Okay I see he's sitting up - but is he sturdy? Can he sit up himself? Gabe can sit but not without help and not for very long (I'm talking like 3 seconds) before he falls over. But he loooooves it! And if he's prompt in his bouncer - he'll sit up all by himself! And then if he's not buckled in - he will fall out! Gabe really wants to crawl - but instead he just drags himself around the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...he's sitting for a couple of minutes without support. I can set him down and sit with him. I usually just support him a little and push him up now and then, but otherwise I use the boppy pillow. If he bends over, then he tries to hold himself up or he's on his tummy again. He loves to sit up. However, he's not scooting/dragging like Gabe yet. Ali didn't crawl until she was 8 mths old. So, I expect he'll be close to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - - he has changed so much, just since Thanksgiving. GrammeKaren needs another Aiden fix!! I wish we could see you before Memorial Day, but am looking forward to it.
    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete

Wider than the sky...

Thoughts about our daily lives.