Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Acid, acid, and more acid

So, right now I'm fully awake, not from the 4th visit to the bathroom since 10:30 pm or because I finally have news to report, but because of this darned acid reflux. Yes, I had a coke, raisinets, and Milanos alfredo pasta and garlic bread today. I even split the meal in half (lunch and dinner) and shared it with DS and DD. I walked 2 1/2 miles this morning. My feet were so swollen by noon that they were purple and hurt! This evening I walked another mile because I was so bored!! Ali kept me company during the evening walk:)!

This was after we spent the morning organizing the kitchen. I asked Erik (after I made labels for the cabinets) if this was a little OCD and he quickly changed the subject. Then I asked him if his dad would do that and he couldn't even answer. Well, gramme Karen, there are notecards to help you for the first day or so find your way around our kitchen;) I was bored. A little Monkish, but oh well. You will be able to find the baggies, mixing bowls, pots, glasses, etc.

I must bring up the fact that we are now reaping many benefits from our garden. Here is a picture of squash, green beans, peas, peppers, and tomatoes. I didn't even eat any of the tomatoes today (not even a tomato sandwich-my favorite and why we really have the garden!).

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh!! The note cards are too funny - but I'm sure they'll be useful. The garden produce is beautiful - congratulations. You sound great, although I know the reflux is no fun. See you soon,
    Gramme Karen

    ReplyDelete

Wider than the sky...

Thoughts about our daily lives.