Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

Aaron and Ali decorated the tree long before Christmas Day. Shh, don't tell them I redecorated to add the pine cone garland. They would be so sad and ANGRY;)


This morning we are in our matchy, matchy pjs (new tradition). They didn't have any in Aiden's size, but he's in his Christmas shirt and Santa hat.


We had Ali read the Christmas story this year. It's really important for us to reread it each year to understand that in the grand scheme of life it's not all about us. That's why I had Ali and Aaron take a few of our neighbors a little something. I want them to know about altruistic values and selfless giving.


We were lucky enough to have Erik's younger brother, Carl, come to our house to celebrate. His mother and grandmother were also here. We had the children open gifts. I am so happy that they all get along so well, now. They're each just about a year apart: 11, 12, & 13.



Look at the enormous table. We put all 3 leaves in the table, hoping that all of our invited guests would show. We were minus 4 guests, but we wouldn't have minded unexpected visitors. I had Erik google napkin decorations and he found this little lily to make. I forgot to take a picture of our food spread. It was very traditional and the green bean casserole was a little undercooked. It seemed that everyone was happy, even cranky Aiden.


I believe Aiden is teething. I can't imagine! He won't even roll over, but he's biting, chewing, and drooling on everything. He's sitting with assistance from the Boppy pillow. He had so much fun opening his gifts. He was really interested in the paper and toys. I am so thankful for him. This time last year...extreme morning (all day) sickness took over. I was actually very terrified about having a new little life to care for. Now, I wake and want to kiss his squishy cheeks and hear his amazing giggle! His fat, squishy legs have so many rolls, that it's hard to clean them. He's wonderful!

I feel really blessed today as I reflect (and drink my real eggnog). I am so happy to be loved and cherished by my wonderful husband and children and my extended family. I have been praying for my friends and their families and know that prayer is how best I can help them. Life can change in a moment, so, each moment is precious and welcomed! It's so nice to hear my family laughing in the next room. They are happy! Now, hearing guitar hero, is a different story...

I hope that everyone has a blessed day and New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Sandi and Erik - Thank you for these great pictures. It's so nice to see what's going on with you all, even when the miles keep us apart.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
    with love - MOM

    ReplyDelete

Wider than the sky...

Thoughts about our daily lives.