Sunday, December 7, 2008

Aiden's first gunshow

****Warning...long post with pc out the window****

There were so many things that are going through my mind about the gun show. First, I did enjoy it, except for the people constantly playing with tasers! Second, don't you think that after 4-5 times of them announcing to hold your gun so that it points up, that these people would finally do it. I say these people, because they are in their own world. Erik is part of the group too.

Before even getting into the show, I almost make Erik leave. Stupid parking...stupid people! I'm still mad, but Erik fixed everything and made it better. Smoking! Blah, yuck, ewwwwww! How can they do that?!!! WE walked through too much smoke from cigarettes! Wait in line (without Erik but with Aiden) with people holding rifles, hand guns, AR 15s, dead stuffed squirrels, etc. My nerves begin to fray! Finally Erik comes back and fixes it again making it all better.

We finally get in and OMG...1300 tables! No, I'm not kidding-there were supposed to be 2000 tables. People of various sizes, genders, and ages all drawn like flies to meat at these tables. I saw thugs, gays, straights, and children all looking at the items like Ralphie looked at his Red Ryder BB gun! Some were not knowledgeable and purchased $150-200 cheap guns. We were on a task...furniture for Erik's new AR 15. Thank you dear father-in-law! You made Erik so happy! Furniture, for the non-gun folks, means the grip, stock, and the front end. We were looking for olive drab (od) green. We found some pieces, but didn't purchase them.

I saw many signs, but the one that caught my attention: Pre-Obama Prices. That was funny, but probably true. We got the kids air soft m16 (play) guns. They had so much fun in WV with those. Yes, my children have been schooled on the rules and know more about gun safety than many of the adults I saw at the show. I did feel a little uneasy about how some people were holding their guns, but the announcements helped with that.

After, we went shopping in the "ghetto" and it was my idea! What peaked my interest was the filing cabinets lined up along an abandoned parking lot. They were surprised when a redhead got out and began asking them questions.

I didn't take any photos. I was a little too nervous at the gun show and "ghetto" parking lot. I did enjoy myself, but am glad that we don't go to every gun show. Afterwards, we went Christmas shopping and out to lunch and are almost done with everything! Whoo hooo!!! Stocking stuffers and little stuff are left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wider than the sky...

Thoughts about our daily lives.