Sunday, January 10, 2010

Whole Brain Teaching

Before getting into what it is, I must write that I forgot that I even owned a camera. I was focused on portion control and exercise! A colleague and I ventured 3 states away to attend this conference. What great fun we had!!!

WBT is a method of teaching to increase student engagement and decrease student disruptions! It also takes learning to the next level for students!

I took my 2 teacher furlough days and turned them into professional learning! Yes, I am someone who loves to improve and find great methods to keep students learning!!! So instead of a mini vacay after the Christmas break, I went to school and it was AWESOME--oh yeah!!

I was using a small component of it before, but now I'm incorporating it into my classroom and teaching!!! I am very excited by it and it seems to have started a fire of engagement in my room!

****Oh, I got a very splendid gift from one of my families...a smart board! It's dual user and 2 students can use it at the same time--a mighty "Oh Yeah!" I am over-whelmed by the generosity!!!! I think (wink, wink) it's because they have 2 more little ones coming up! It's going up this week and I cannot wait until the students can get their hands on that thing!!!!****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wider than the sky...

Thoughts about our daily lives.