Sunday, October 25, 2009

Apple orchard

We decided to take a trip to Elijay to see the leaves and enjoy the day. I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of the beautiful leaves! They were pretty!

Aiden and daddy were ahead of us walking through the crowd to get to the orchard.


Ali and I were COLD! I have on a shirt, sweater, and jacket. I even checked the weather which said it was going to be 55 degrees----no it was like 48! At least Aiden had on warm clothes!


Aiden enjoyed running around more than the apples.

He had so much fun!


She decided to pose for us:)


We stayed for the pig race which was rather enlightening. I have made the decision not to take the family to live there based on the behavior of these people involved with the pig race;)


Ali popped into this shot!


And into this one!


Aiden was absolutely fascinated with the stuffed bear! I had to move him away from it so that other little boys and girls could see him.



We've decided to try a different orchard next year and go a week or two earlier. We have some great apples and tried different goodies made with apples. The trip was great until I ate some leftovers and got food poisoning. I was so glad that we were at home in time for this!

3 comments:

  1. Love the apple orchard! We had an apple shortage because of our ice storms the past couple of years, so our local one was closed this year! :(

    Praise God that your kids know the love of God, the one true God!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love apple orchards! Makes me miss my parent's small farm back home in SC...
    Thanks for following my blog! I am always flattered when I have a new follower. I've enjoyed your blog today--thanks for letting me pop by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Wider than the sky...

Thoughts about our daily lives.