Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Busy bee!

I am constantly on the go during this time of the year! Well it's no surprise that the big E wanted something special whipped up for his upcoming swearing in at the city council meeting/council Christmas party. So, I decided to be a little sarcastic and really make a creation of something that irritates me = a water tower cake.

It's the water tower that irritates me...not the cake. What a waste!!! One citizen said, "Look it blends in with the sky." Ugh!

Well, here it is :)


I made dirt cake that is topped with dyed coconut. I hot glued cake/dowel rods and popsicle sticks together as the base. Then, baked two very small cakes and smushed them together with icing after slicing the rounded tops off to use as the bottom and top of the water tower tank. I used food coloring to paint the sticks and color the icing. I had the big E print the city logo and I laminated it. Then, stuck the logo on with icing as well. It was so much fun! Next year, I'll modify it by attaching the remainder of what the city owes on it ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Sandi - you're hysterical! I love the story as much as the cake.

    ReplyDelete

Wider than the sky...

Thoughts about our daily lives.