Sunday, July 26, 2009

Grocery Deals


I don't know why I find such joy and satisfaction out of my savings at the grocery store(s). Today we went to 3 stores. This is a strategic maneuver to optimize my savings. I wake on Sunday morning to go through the weekly circulars, match the coupons needed and go through the fridge and cabinet (my pantry).

First, we stopped by Publix for the Sunday paper and the penny item. The penny item pays for the paper. Then, we shopped at Kroger and Ingles. I spent a total of $86.31 and saved $56.22. There are 41 items. It's awesome and it feels great to look at what you payed opposed to what you could have payed. The only thing missing from my list was more fruit. I'll get that later when the stores put out more (from the Saturday shoppers).

This is the 3rd time we've done this and it seems to get easier each time.

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaaaaay!!!! You go girl!!!! I haven't gone to Publix, yet. Grant and I are going this afternoon :) I'm so excited. I'm hoping to stay within my budget. . .$20 for this week! Eeeek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try every week to stay under $75.00. It's so difficult. Next week should be 75, but we'll see...

    ReplyDelete

Wider than the sky...

Thoughts about our daily lives.