Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Vote is In


Today we left the house at 6:45 a.m. to vote at a small church in Milner. Whew, there was already a line forming. We made it a family affair and had the children in on this action! Loud mouth Ali might not get to come back the next time we visit the polls!!! With a smile and calm voice, I finally said "Feel free to shut up or get away from my screen!" Yes, I used an ugly word, but she was telling daddy Erik that our votes were not matching. I explained that we were on different screens.
After the nice gentleman offered to take this picture, he made a smart comment. Yes, whenever we go somewhere, I feel like we are the Herdman's from the Best Christmas Pageant Ever. Just read the first couple chapters of this cute book and you'll get the drift! I don't know what it is, but my usually mellow voice rings loud and clear, then Ali's even louder and clearer. Poor Erik and Aiden my be a little embarassed.
Anyhow, we voted with me being the village idiot...name change. I had not changed me name 5 years ago when I got married. That took a few minutes and we were done by 7:20. How's that time?! I even made it to school with time to spare!
I am very excited! We'll find out who the new president will be soon and tonight was my final night for my gifted endorsement class! I am now certified in gifted education! Hooray! No increase in salary, but the school system paid for my classes and books! A free education is something that I could NOT refuse! Ali had a difficult time accepting the fact that I wanted to take these classes, but I think I will be a "student" whenever I can! I'm just so happy that I'm rambling now! I never had much growing up in a family with 7 children, so, I'll leave you with a thought that I truely believe...Your education can never be taken away from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wider than the sky...

Thoughts about our daily lives.