Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Harry Potter

Usually, I try to read his books (mostly to keep up with Aaron) and watch his movies when they first come out, but now I am reminded of him whenever I look in the mirror.
I had my first surgery on my basal cell (skin cancer). It was plain awful and very traumatic! I'm in pain and it looks like someone punched my nose with all the swelling (I look like a troll). I was okay with this until I took off the bandages today. I have more than an inch long scar straight down the middle of my forehead (like Harry Potter).
Erik and I laughed (you kind of have to at this point) about me having a permanent cross there when my wrinkles arrive in years to come. Today, I just realized how much I rely on using my face to give visual cues to my students (and family). Anyway, I'm praying that the swelling goes down soon!

2 comments:

  1. Sandi, I hope you feel better soon. A cross is not such a bad mark to bear. Lots of love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i love you you are doing great in every thing and so is daddy

    ReplyDelete

Wider than the sky...

Thoughts about our daily lives.